Wednesday, September 18, 2013

JStor

This simple search was then limited to 2010-2013, articles, English, education discipline, and full text. It yielded 1106 items.  The top five are shown below. 


What I learned: Content.  I retrieved the first article, a 2010 study by Espasa and Meneses.  This research study analyzed 3 types of feedback.  One type of feedback is when an instructor answers questions, the second type is feedback after an assignment, and the third type is feedback after a final assignment.  Essentially, the researchers found that feedback increases a student's sense of satisfaction with an online course.

What I learned: Searching.  I was surprised how much I rely on language helps, whether by a controlled vocabulary or some type of word help.  JStor offers none and I had a nagging sense that perhaps the search could have been better, if only I had found and used better words.

Reflection: JStor is direct and easy to search.  Because of the moving wall, I would not search JStor for current coverage.


The top five retrieved items were:

No comments:

Post a Comment